Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Friends and decisions

The past couple of weeks have been challenging to me personally. With lots of things to deal with it is no secret I was struggling just a little bit. I would like to say that I have some of the best friends a guy could have who have really supported me and have gone above and beyond the call of duty bringing me back to a really good place. Although I will be specifically thanking them in my own way in person, I just wanted to take a second and thank them here as well. Treasure your friends for they are the ones that will be there for you when you need them the most.

The search will continue for an apartment tonight. I have high expectations and hopes to finding the perfect place in the perfect location tonight. I feel tonight is the night!

Ever wonder what life would be like if we made different decisions. Every day we make hundreds if not thousands of decisions as mundane as do I go to the bathroom before this meeting or wait until afterwards, or as drastic as where I should go to school or live. These could have profound influences in our lives in terms of who we might meet to date or where we end of placing our professional life. I think it is important to take some time periodically and look back at the choices we make and the doors they either opened or closed. Just over two years ago I decided to dabble in the medical field becoming a field medic and since then so many new opportunities have arisen from volunteer to new friends. I also decided to stay in the suburbs for an inordinately long time probably limiting my social calendar just slightly. I wouldn’t bore you with a linty of my choices but think back, what decisions have you made today and looking back would you make the same ones. It is said that those that ignore history are cursed to repeat it, and that means more than just world history, it is also our own. Overall I think I am happy with the choices I have made, some I think I should not but we take actions to correct them. Let us never lose sight of where we have come and thus where we are going.

On that note let me note a new addition to my friends list on the left side of the screen. Go ahead take a look I will wait for you to come back. It is the last one on the list, labeled Christine. Did you find it? Ok take another look, right under Andrea. There you go! Anyway Christine is a close friend from work who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She is just beginning treatment which has already included a couple of surgeries, MRIs, and so many more pokings and prodings. The amazing thing about this remarkable young lady is her ever present optimism, sense of humor, and love of life that is simply addicting. There is no doubt in any of our minds that she will beat this, this is merely a bump in the road, but it is important to keep up the encouragement and know she is not in this alone. So check out her page (http://christinechristine.blogspot.com) and leave her a comment. It is unbelievable to me how many people are touched by this monstrous disease every year and yet we hear of mostly other more trendy diseases on the nightly news. I know everyone has a story to tell, I am just wondering what yours is? If you have the time leave me a comment with a friend or family member who has had this. Everyday I hear of new survivors and it gives so much hope to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home