Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How much is that?

So I am at the grocery store this evening for a some needed dinner ingredients and as I walk by the deli counter this is the dialogue I overheard.

(customer) “I would like some smoked turkey

(clerk) “How much would you like?”

(customer) “I don’t know.”

(clerk) “How about a half a pound?”

(customer) “No, that is way too much.”

(Clerk) “How about a quarter pound?”

(customer) “Nah, that isn’t enough.”

(clerk) “How about a third of a pound?”

(customer) “How much meat is that?”

At this point I was convinced the clerk was just going to throw the meat at the customer, got to love people when in the service industry.

Today it rained outside, and you wonder why I remark on this, well in CA when it rains everyone works from home. Seriously when it rains everyone just boards themselves up in their houses, it’s like they have never seen rain before. As I find this humorous and ridiculous, frankly I did the same thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jollytyme said...

I just have to laugh. Been there, seen that. Having spent 10 years in said grocery business, I came to appreciate the customer's...personalities?
But this ramble reminds me of a movie (which seems to be a recurring habit of my semiconscious mind...) Have you seen the movie "Must Love Dogs"? There is an exchange between Diane Lane and the local butcher that repeats periodically during the movie, quite similar to this exchange. You may find it enjoyable. It is also similar (another movie) to the series of exchanges between Sandra Bullock and her phone order to the Chinese Restaurant in "Two Weeks Notice." These are...
Random threads floating within the semiconscious mind. Interesting process...may have to try this again...or not.
Rain - Many Californians forget it's affect on oily pavement... slippery! This is evident to those who do dare to tackle the twice daily commute. Vehicles racing 70 mph, 20 feet apart... Can you say Darwin? Working from home? Smart choice. - Cliff

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home