Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A day to end all days

If there was ever a day that would completely try my patience today would be that day. My day started well before sunup with a gentle soothing music of Norah Jones (played at full volume mind you) waking me up at 5:15am. Jumping out of bed, doing my morning routine, I was on the road and at work by 5:40 (not bad considering I didn’t open my eyes until I hit work). I made it to the gym and had a fairly positive workout that worked out the kinks in the body and really put my mind in the right place for what I though would be a busy but relatively routine day. HA!

7:00am was the start of a day that contained 11 straight meetings. Now you might wonder how 11 meetings can be handled by one person and it is actually pretty easy. You have two phones at times, one cell phone one desk phone each in an ear. If you don’t think that would make you schizophrenic nothing will. The day ended up being filled with frustration and grief. Projects that should be relatively easy like putting up a web page have been in progress for over four months and are still not making headway, I mean come on how hard can this be? Things that have already been agreed on, keep coming up for discussion. To top it off I sent a few emails while I was trying to multi-task (children do not do this, you will get in trouble) and ended up sending the right information to the wrong person or the wrong information to the right people. So then I had to send correction emails and well it was just not a pretty sight. My hope tomorrow will be better, but with a crazy amount of work and maybe half as many meetings, I don’t expect it to, but no worries that is why they pay me the big bucks, ummm, maybe let that go.

However the highlight of my day. Mark it, this was it, the best part of the day. This weekend I went shopping and one of the things I purchased was a few brand new button down dress shirts. Last night I took one, ironed it and today I wore it. Now this sounds fairly silly, but there is nothing like the feeling of a brand new crisp soft really luxurious shirt enveloping your body. So yes that was the highlight of my day.

I would also like to make shameless plug for just a minute. In a couple of months I will be doing a run for breast cancer (no pun intended I promise). This is a great cause raising quite a bit of money for research and support of this incredibly deadly disease. If you would like to make a donation please go to this web site: http://www.avonwalk.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1092&px=1642098. And support will be appreciated and will help the thousands of families afflicted with this disease. Thank you in advance for your support.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ghd svleyioq GHD Hair Straightener vsijltug GHD Australia nqnriqrm cheap ghd pevhhyso

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bottes ugg pas cher zevirdud bottes ugg kqramtel chaussures ugg xftnpwrv ugg australia okhdjqcy ugg france lrjcydxv ugg pas cher xckbvkqq ugg akjtpubj

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home