Tuesday, March 15, 2005

When will it happen?

Now I know this is way more personal than I usually allow myself for this blog, but it is something I have to get off my chest. There is nothing worse than watching too much of the world and getting too much of reality for one sitting. Now before I get all sorts of comments, first let me tell you that I KNOW my time will come and all that jazz.

Ok with that said I will speak of fear. Fear not of heights or speed or spiders, but fear of being alone. Now we are never really alone, but when was the last time we were really with someone. With someone in such a way that you can open your soul up with no fear of being hurt or even needing to hide yourself. Sure friends are great, I love them, but what I speak of is that great relationship, that relationship like none other in your life. Yes I know this sounds way more like someone in their thirties than a guy in his 20s, but bear with me. I mean you see it all around you, but when you consider the odds, this is not an easy task to achieve. Add on the difficulty of meeting the right person, at the right time, and it is mind boggling to think that anyone ever finds their soul mate. So yes this is a residual fear of mine. I walk around the busy streets of London listening to conversations and watching people go about their day. Wonder what stories they have and wonder if they would actually like me if they got to know me. I think wonder is better left to the bread company.

So no need to comment on this, just the usual when you see everyone rushing home to call their wives or girl friends, or watching couples shopping and you know he is hating every second of it, except for the company. So hoist up your bottles to every single male and female, may they have lady luck on their side and hopefully soon someone else as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a little offended at the "sound like a woman in her 30s comment!" As a woman in her 30s I do not sit around wondering if I will be alone for the rest of my life...but I am going to try and forget you said that...and Matthew sweetie...you are not going to be alone for the rest of your life...you are one of the most wonderful people I know...obviously, there are just other plans for you right now. In any case, the grass is never greener on the other side...just different...

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home